Climate Change and Business Conference 2020
Date: 11th - 12th November 2020
Address: Aotea Centre
About this event
The global Covid-19 pandemic will define 2020 as the year the world locked down. In this period of reflection, most people agreed that they didn’t want things to return to normal when we re-emerged from lockdown. That this was a once-in-a-lifetime chance to chart a course for a kinder, more equitable, greener future. To exist within, not beyond, planetary boundaries. And to rapidly accelerate the decarbonisation of the planet.
The 2020 Climate Change + Business Conference will explore the extent to which businesses, policy-makers, and civil society have seized the opportunity to transform our future. Among other things, it will consider:
- the flow of Government funding toward recovery projects
- the impact of recent policy and legislative changes
- international recovery trends
- perspectives from the Climate Change Commission
- revised climate science projections
- impacts on the price of carbon and carbon markets
- sectoral issues and opportunities
- our adaptation preparedness.
The Climate Change and Business Conference is a Toitū carbonzero certified event.