Youth Hostels Association of New Zealand Incorporated (YHA New Zealand) is a registered charitable organisation and an incorporated society which has been operating in New Zealand since 1932. YHA New Zealand’s mission is to deliver quality budget accommodation and travel experiences which enrich people’s understanding of each other, the environment, and New Zealand.
In working to achieve its mission, YHA New Zealand is committed to:
- operating in a sustainable manner, reflected in a people, planet, profit (triple bottom line) commitment;
- developing and maintaining relationships with Maori which recognise their indigenous status in New Zealand;
- living our values; all staff expressing and embracing our values of integrity, respect, excellence and passion, in all activities and relationships.
YHA New Zealand makes sustainability central to the way we run the organisation. We are committed to operating an environmentally responsible tourism business which contributes to the economic, social and environmental well-being of New Zealand. Working sustainably is a way of thinking for all our staff and we remain committed to caring for the environment which underpins the New Zealand tourism industry.
- YHA New Zealand: Summary of carboNZero certification 2018/19 - pdf, 288.9 KB
- YHA New Zealand: Summary of carboNZero certification 2017/18 - pdf, 276.8 KB
- YHA New Zealand: Summary of carboNZero certification 2016/17 - pdf, 523.4 KB
- YHA New Zealand: Summary of carboNZero certification 2015/16 - pdf, 554.7 KB