Ecotricity understands the role we play as we work towards the goal of net-zero carbon by 2050. We are committed to bringing in new renewable generation, especially solar to the New Zealand market through our innovative products. We are identifying opportunities to decarbonise New Zealand's energy sector because we believe in the potential for electricity to be the enabler of New Zealand's lower carbon future. Our advanced electricity consumption and emissions reporting helps our customers to reduce their energy usage at home and in their business as well as making reporting easier. We encourage the uptake of electric transport through our EV buyers guide and EV YouTube reviews, as well as offering our own staff EV and electric bike subsidies.
We source our Toitū climate positive certified product electricity from a large number of solar generation partners, plus from Genesis and Pioneer Energy, who supply us from renewable Wind, Solar and Hydro generation sources.
- Ecotricity: Summary of Toitū climate positive product certification 2021/22 - pdf, 542.8 KB
- Ecotricity Renewable Hydro Wind Solar Electricity Product: Summary of Toitū net carbonzero certification 2020/2021 - pdf, 496.8 KB
- Ecotricity Renewable Hydro and Wind Electricity Product: Summary of Toitū net carbonzero certification 20/21 - pdf, 399.0 KB
- Ecotricity Limited Partnership: Summary of Toitū carbonzero certification 2020/21 - pdf, 684.3 KB
- Ecotricity GP Limited: Summary of Toitū climate positive product disclosure 2021/22 - pdf, 209.3 KB
- Ecotricity GP Limited: Summary of Toitū climate positive organisation certification 2021/22 - pdf, 318.2 KB