Coming soon: refreshing the Toitū carbon certification programmes
What you need to know about updates to our programmes
To ensure our clients remain at the forefront of business-led climate action, Toitū is updating its carbon programmes. The new version of Toitū carbon will align with the latest version of ISO 14064-1:2018, incorporate science-based reduction principles, and include fresh templates and guidance.
This new version is currently being piloted and will roll out to our wider carbon membership starting in 2021, reaching everyone by June 2022.
We’ll provide more details in the new year, but here’s a quick update.
What does this mean for members?
Our Toitū carbon members should watch their inboxes. In the new year your account manager will email you with details of what the Programme update will mean for your situation. They’ll help you determine the next steps for your organisation and establish timeframes for your transition.
Rest assured that our transition timeframes will accommodate your annual cycle. All existing members have a generous timeframe in which to shift to the new Programme requirements to ensure it aligns with your schedule.
Want to know more? We are currently piloting the new programme and discussing the requirements with our accreditor JAS-ANZ. We will provide more details early in 2021 once the updates are refined. In the meantime, check out our FAQs (updated regularly), or register for one of our information sessions planned for the new year.
- Click here for our Carbon Programme Update FAQs
- Webinar: What’s changed in ISO 14064-1 since 2006?
- Information sessions: drop in and ask our GM Technical and Client Delivery experts any questions you may have on 23 February, 11 March or 23 March
Toitū will make this transition easy and seamless. We will equip our clients with the tools and support you need to meet you where you are on your journey.
A chance to take new positive steps
As always, our programme meets you where you are on the journey. A few quick insights to the coming changes:
- We are updating all of our tools, guidance, templates and software to make your work easier. User friendly improvements will roll out over three phases.
- It aligns with the latest in best practice, including ISO 14064-1:2018, science-based target setting principles, GHG Protocol Scope 2 and Scope 3 guidance, and more.
- The new version of the programme allows each organisation to set bespoke scope and boundaries that speak directly to their operations and sustainability strategy.
Take steps with us
The future of resilient, innovative business is decarbonised. Our experts will guide you each step of the way. Collectively, we will transition New Zealand to our net zero future.
The updated Toitū carbon programmes give you the tools and frameworks to make your mark as a climate leader, take ambitious action, and re-shape your business strategy to be future-thinking and future-proof.