Aliaxis UK manufacture and sell pipe systems and related products for residential and commercial construction, industrial and public utilities. We specialise in the research, development and manufacture of polyethylene, polypropylene, ABS and multi-layer pipe systems including fittings for gas and water transportation in the utilities and industrial markets.
Aliaxis is committed to incorporating more sustainable approaches into its business activities. GPS has been approved to the Environmental Management Standard ISO 14001 since 1996.
We strive to make efficient use of natural resources, including gas, electricity and water, and, in 2014, we generated over 140,000 kWh of electricity from the 458 solar panels on the roof of our factory. By using this renewable energy in our manufacturing process, we reduced our carbon emissions by 63.57 tonnes CO2. Newly installed water-cooling pipework, combined with variable speed drive pumps, will reduce energy by preventing heat loss and enabling the pumping system to be controlled. It is estimated this will save up to 76,400 kWh of electricity, reducing our carbon footprint by 34 tonnes CO2. Further factory enhancements during 2014 have added to the reduction in our energy usage.
- GPS PE Pipe Systems: Summary of CEMARS certification 2019 - pdf, 221.0 KB
- GPS PE Pipe Systems: Summary of CEMARS certification 2018 - pdf, 143.4 KB
- GPS PE Pipe Systems: Summary of CEMARS certification 2017 - pdf, 197.2 KB
- GPS PE Pipe Systems: Summary of CEMARS certification 2016 - pdf, 259.8 KB
- GPS PE Pipe Systems: Summary of CEMARS certification 2015 - pdf, 338.4 KB