Marketing Credible Carbon Claims
Market your climate change actions with confidence
Achieving Toitū certification allows you to tell your sustainability story with credibility – giving a focus point for your brand’s efforts.
Toitū carbonreduce certified organisations, products and services can make carbon reduction claims with confidence in any market.
Toitū carbonzero certified organisations, products and services can make carbon neutral claims with confidence in any market.
All certified members are issued with certification logos to use in marketing their achievements. The marks are recognised in over 60 economies.
We will work with your in-house marketing and communications teams and external agencies to translate carbon management, reduction and offsetting activity into compelling propositions, PR materials and press releases for both internal and external audiences.
Organisations that gain Toitū carbonreduce and/or Toitū carbonzero certification can be confident that the certifications awarded have both credibility and integrity. Credibility is provided by the science underpinning the measurement, management and mitigation of greenhouse gas emissions, meeting and exceeding international best practice and verification by our approved independent auditors. Integrity is provided by our advisory panel whose role is to provide independent technical and ethical oversight of the programme.
How do we help members?
- Case studies — We can work together to create a case study for you to use in promoting your sustainability success story. We also use these case studies in our own communications, increasing your market profile.
- Media materials — We regularly feature members when media opportunities arise. We can also help prepare a press release to celebrate achievements.
- Networking events — Attend or host a networking event, workshop or other function to meet fellow members, share ideas, and offer your services to those members.
- Newsletter — Share your accomplishments with likeminded businesses through our regular newsletter. You can also offer your product or service to fellow members through a member special.
- Website profile — Use your member profile on our website to highlight your organisation’s achievements.
- Social media — We regularly share member achievements and exciting business developments through our social media channels, including facebook and twitter.
Use of certification marks
Toitū Envirocare actively maintains a surveillance programme to ensure that their certification brandmarks (word marks and logos) are used correctly. Certified members are given guidelines and training in the use of the marks as well as resources and support to our members' marketing and communication teams.